Dash Forum

Once I have 1,000 D...

Once I have 1,000 DASH, do I keep earning rewards forever?  

Once I have 1,000 DASH, do I keep earning rewards forever?

1 Answer

In a short answer, yes, so long as you keep your 1,000 Dash locked-down in a masternode. However, a couple of variables are at play.

Firstly, the number of other masternodes will impact how much you'll net. In Dash, currently 45% of the block reward is divvied-up between masternodes owners, as an incentive to that Dash being staked and providing value to the ecosystem for tasks completed (including InstantSend, PrivateSend, Long-Living Masternode Quorums, etc.).

If there were just say, two masternodes and you spun-up the third, you'd net a pretty large amount of Dash. But if there were 15,000 masternodes and you spun-up the 15,001 masternode, your reward would be much less. Currently the number of masternodes is about 4,900, which means that masternode owners are paid roughly every eight days.

And secondly, another factor that impacts the reward you'd net as a masternode owner is Dash's coin emission rate, which for Dash, is deflationary. That is, there will be fewer Dash created twenty years from today than are created this year. To be specific, Dash reduces the emission by one-fourteenth (approx. 7.14%) every 210240 blocks (approx. 383.25 days).

Working

Please Login or Register